So many coding projects lately…

Posted by jeremyclarke on March 30, 2005 · General

information design web page Just finished a somewhat insulting overhaul of our class website for Information Design class. Teacher asked us to “imagineer” some kind of project and hand it in, so I imagineered his unsemantic, innefficient, ugly and useless site into a lean, mean information serving machine.

Link to original site. Note the intermittent navigation and random hierarchy (if you know anything about HTML take a look at the code, it’s terrifying).

Link to sexy new standards compliant creative commons licensed version. (note that the use of all the disney properties is for uh… educational purposes… )

Posted by jeremyclarke on March 30, 2005 · General

8 Comments

1. Louis

Looking good Jer! Are they actually going to use it? I mean, what do they have to lose but an ugly website?

March 30th, 2005 at 9:48 am

2. jer

right now i’m just debating whether I should quietly hand it in (saving face for the teacher) or make a presentation of it (which would ultimately allow me to explain it better than I would otherwise… I think i’m going to present it.

March 30th, 2005 at 11:17 am

3. Louis

Presenting it would be better. And I’m sure it’s no big deal for the teacher. I mean, didn’t he have to approve this project? (from what I read on your snazzy new page!) [“Imagineering” » a proposal approved by the professor by the end of January. (20%) Due 30/03, http://simianuprising.com/398t/assignments.html ]
    He knows you’ve probably moped the flodd with him webpage and it’s a compliment to his class that you would want to spend time fixing up his ~crappy~ webpage.

March 30th, 2005 at 12:29 pm

4. SArah

Your prof will love it!
    HAve you just volounteered to maintain all his future class websites, though?

March 30th, 2005 at 3:20 pm

5. SArah

you can erase this comment, and you may already know this, but as I type in the comment box it runs out of sight into the beige border. annoying.

March 30th, 2005 at 3:22 pm

6. jer

what browser are you using? IE for mac? is it IE for mac???

March 30th, 2005 at 4:00 pm

7. mercedes

Thanks to your re-do, I just realized that by Wednesday, I’ll be two projects behind.

April 4th, 2005 at 1:18 am

8. robin

just to let everyone know, this was easily THE BEST presentation EVER…it was fun to watch the class squirm.

April 10th, 2005 at 9:48 pm

Add new comment (email only seen by Jeremy)