because I am a whore for the kittens

Posted by jeremyclarke on May 25, 2005 · General

squid the kitten from kittenwar.com
Kittenwar presents you with two kitten photos and asks which is cuter. BoingBoing likened it to a HotOrNot(note: I am NOT) for cats. It is addictive, stupid and everything the internet was ever meant to be.

[edit]
Mira points out the losingest kittens section of the site, which I originally failed to notice.

Meet: Vincent Van Orthvincent van orth, cat from kittenwar.com

Posted by jeremyclarke on May 25, 2005 · General

11 Comments

1. -m

man some of those ‘losingest’ kittens are freaks. but i love how the kittenwar site insists they’re all winners really. it’s cute.

May 25th, 2005 at 5:14 pm

2. jer

note also: my emopic is slighly less unhot than the other one (they are totally both from 2002) ->

May 25th, 2005 at 10:45 pm

3. michael

that first cat is all like “What the fuck, you want to step up mother fucker, or what!”

in other words, he’s on Meth.

May 26th, 2005 at 1:38 am

4. -m

verdict: 2002 you in eyeliner is scary.

May 26th, 2005 at 7:24 am

5. allie

vincent van orth deserved to lose.

May 26th, 2005 at 10:06 am

6. michael

that photo…. I couldn’t think of one good line, so I settled for as many as I could think of..

was that the Hyden Christianson circa “life as a house” look.. or just when you were really into Good Charlotte.. btw, did you’re mom get angry when she noticed her makeup missing… I think its cool that you decided not to kill everybody at your high school… did you get a lot of costumers while working as an under age gay escort.

May 26th, 2005 at 4:30 pm

7. jer

actually, it was 98% louisa’s idea/doing. she actually brought me to value village and bought a whole new outfit for the night that we took those photos (there’s a whole set! i’ll sell them on ebay some day when i’m super famous on the internet). the makeup was her’s, i only saw life as a house this summer and good charlotte still does and always will suck.

also, every costumer I met while turning tricks just wanted to dress me up like clowns and astronauts, but I wanted to be a cowboy, fuckers.

May 26th, 2005 at 6:26 pm

8. michael

touche’

May 26th, 2005 at 6:43 pm

9. louisa

well i still think jer looks hot in that picture.

but then i also want to see life as a house JUST because of hayden christensen + eyeliner, so maybe i’m biased…

May 26th, 2005 at 7:24 pm

10. -m

did you notice how all of the losingest kittens have extended names, often attempting nobility, like our friend vincent, bella sofia maria or mama cornish rex? maybe the length is supposed to distract us from the ugly.

May 30th, 2005 at 4:55 pm

11. jonathan

Kittenwar link is not working; little pop-up window says “htt is not a recognized protocol” or something.

Also, i personally found Vincent Van Orth quite charming.

June 23rd, 2005 at 1:38 pm

Add new comment (email only seen by Jeremy)