This is a 23 minute, guided “metta” (lovingkindness) meditation. In lovingkindness practice we cultivate a sense of friendliness, compassion and acceptance by mindfully wishing ourselves and others well. The script for this meditation comes from the Refuge Recovery program.
What is Refuge Recovery?
Refuge Recovery is a buddhist path to recovery from all types of addiction. It’s based on meditation, buddhist philosophy and coming together as a community. You can read about my exprience with the program in my sobriety anniversary post: Celebrating one year of sobriety with Refuge Recovery.
- Learn more at https://refugerecovery.org
- Find a Refuge Recovery meeting near you
- Join an online Refuge Recovery meeting (available almost every day!)
Want more Refuge meditations?
- Full list of Refuge Recovery meditations (text and audio versions)
- Check out the Refuge Recovery Podcast, a quick way to get these meditations on your phone.
Want more meditations by Jer?
Interested in the history of Refuge Recovery?
Watch my earlier video about the history of the Refuge Recovery book and meetings: